Thursday, May 24, 2007

Reprieve after a busy week


24 May 2007

Well, I’m back after a bit of a blogging lull. I have had a whirlwind week. After excavating and sieving last week, Jeremy and I flew down to San Diego Saturday morning for my friend Debbie’s wedding this past weekend. It was great to see all of my college roommates and see Debbie marry her wonderful husband Mark. On Sunday, I went back up to Shasta with two great volunteers- Lily and Dan (pictured sieving). We spent three days in the field and got a lot accomplished. I’m now back at Stanford for the next week. It’s nice to have a bit of a break. I have managed to strain a muscle in my back and the week off will help it heal, plus I can regroup and get some paperwork stuff done. Plus, there is a fire that started 7 miles northwest of my field site and the Forest Service is using the area in and around my cabin as a staging area for fire crew! Overall, it’s a good time to be out of the field!!!

1 comment:

einsteinraist said...

Sounds like you are making great progess. I hope the fire lests up so you can go back soon and continue working in that beautiful place!